Join us for our 2020 Hook Em' & Book Em' Fishing Tournament supporting the CCPOA Blue Santa Program and the St. Michael's Fund. Your participation in this event will enrich the lives of our community members and our officers.
The Blue Santa Program was created to help bring holiday happiness to families and children throughout Corpus Christi. Police officers are in a unique position to see the struggles families endure throughout the year. During the month of December, Corpus Christi police officers, volunteers, and our Blue Santa work very hard to deliver gifts to underprivileged children and gift cards to their families. A simple gift can change a life. Blue Santa is CCPOA’s way of saying to the community…we care and we are here to protect you and your family!
The St. Michaels Fund is used to assist police officers and their families during a time of need.
FISHING TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
Officer Division: $85.00 per angler
Non-Officer Division: $85.00 per angler
Payout Per Division (Trout):
1st - $750.00
2nd - $500.00
3rd - $250.00
Payout Per Division (Slot Redfish):
1st - $750.00
2nd - $500.00
3rd - $250.00
Date and Time: October 9th @ 5pm - 10pm
Location: Bluffs Landing Marina & Pavillion
4242 Laguna Shores Rd., Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
Date: October 10th
Launch: Anywhere @ Sunrise
Weigh-In: 2pm - 4pm
Location: Bluff's Landing Marina & Pavilion
4242 Laguna Shores Rd., Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
Rules and Regulations:
All rules stated below will remain in effect for the 2020 CCPOA Tournament
Benefit(“TOURNAMENT/CCPOA”). All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee. Any changes to the rules will be communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournament. Warnings, penalties, and disqualifications will be determined by the tournament officials. A signature on one set of rules and regulations is applicable for any and all TOURNAMENT events and may be used as an acknowledgment for such.
Each participant (“contestant”) must read and acknowledge the following rules and indicate so by signing an entry form.
1. Applicable Laws: Federal, State, and Local laws shall be obeyed by contestants at all times. No contestants may choose to fish outside of Texas waters. Violation of any federal, state, and/or local laws shall result in the disqualification of the contestant from the TOURNAMENT event and may disqualify (at the discretion of the TOURNAMENT’ officials) the individual from the entire TOURNAMENT.
2. Tournament Eligibility: This tournament is open to everyone, EXCLUDING GUIDES. Contestants under 18 years old must fish with their legal guardian as their teammate or another adult approved by the minor’s legal guardian. The TOURNAMENT reserves the right to refuse membership and participation in any event to any individual at the discretion of the tournament committee.
3. Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs: Consumption of any alcoholic beverages to a point of intoxication, or use of illegal drugs during tournament hours is prohibited and will result in disqualification. However, the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages, while discouraged, is allowed. Participants will sign a waiver that is applicable to the contestant’s use of intoxicating substances.
4. Sportsmanship: TOURNAMENT participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, and ethics. Unsportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification (at the tournament committee’s discretion). Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
5. Permissible Fishing Methods: All tournament fish shall be taken by a rod, reel, and bait. Live, dead, or artificial bait is allowed. Contestants shall not “harass” fish, to include such antics as “burning” or corralling of schools with a boat. Prior to and during the tournament, contestants shall not “cork” or otherwise mark fish or schools of fish for identification for the purposes of locating fish during tournament hours. Wade fishing is allowed. You can fish the beach, the shore, out of car or truck we just want you to have a good time and enjoy!!!
6. Polygraphs: By signature on the official tournament entry form, each contestant agrees to submit to a polygraph test and be bound by its interpreted results and conclusions. The first place contestant in each event shall be subject to a polygraph examination and will not receive any award until the test has been administered and determined to be non-deceptive. Polygraph tests may be issued at the discretion of the tournament director/committee for any reason, and each contestant hereby acknowledges and consents to the examination. The results and interpretations of the polygraph are final and each contestant hereby knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily waives any review of the said test result, including any judicial process seeking to overturn, amend, or otherwise negate the finding of the test administrator.
7. Insurance and Liability: The TOURNAMENT will not issue liability coverage for its events. Each contestant shall sign a DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT before a contestant may compete in the TOURNAMENT. All tournament participants are required to sign a waiver absolving all tournament officials, officers, participants, sponsors, and co-sponsors from any responsibility for damage or personal injury sustained as a result of the contestant’s participation in the tournament or its related activities, and the contestant’s signature on this form shall constitute an alternate release in the instance the member fails to sign the official DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT.
8. Pre-tournament “Captain’s” Meeting:
Final Tournament Registration for the TOURNAMENT will be the evening before the tournament date between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM. A pre-tournament meeting will be held at Bluffs Landing Marina & Pavilion, 4242 Laguna Shores Rd., Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
. Entry Fees:
The entry fee for the Officers and Non-Officers Division is $85.00 per angler.
9. Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Each contestant is advised to properly wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved, personal flotation device anytime that the contestant is on board a boat. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to communicate with the Tournament Director if a cancellation of the event is suspected. Cancellations will be communicated via VHF radios on a channel decided at the pre-tournament meeting. If conditions are not safe on the tournament day, the TOURNAMENT reserves the right to reschedule the tournament on the following day (Sunday). If conditions are not favorable the following day (Sunday), an alternate date will be published.
10. Tackle and Equipment: Artificial bait, live bait, dead bait, or prepared bait will be permitted. Anglers must use rod and reel; no sail lines, trout lines, traps, nets or the like may be used to catch fish that will be weighed for competition.
11. Fish: A contestant’s weight will consist of ONE (1) red drum (“redfish”), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length; and OR (1) spotted/speckled sea trout (“trout”), measuring no less than fifteen (15) inches. You may enter (1) trout or (1) redfish or (1) of each. No altered or mutilated fish will be accepted. Fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length, and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the contestant weighing the altered fish, and may result in a perpetual ban from the TOURNAMENT.
12. Scoring: Tournament standings, awards, and final winners shall be determined by the total weight of each contestant’s catch during the tournament measured in pounds and 100th of a pound. Only redfish at least 20 inches in length, but less than or equal to 28 inches in length, and 1 trout at least 15 inches in length may be weighed-in. Fish shall be weighed with the equipment provided by the TOURNAMENT.
13. Ties: If two or more contestants have identical weight in the tournament, it will be considered a tie. In the event of a tie, the prize money from the consecutive places will be combined and split between the contestants. For example, if two contestants tie for fourth place, the amounts designated to fourth place AND fifth place will be combined, divided by two, then distributed to the contestants, equally.
14. Protest Procedure: All protests must be submitted in writing, along with a $100 cash deposit. Protests must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 15 minutes following the weigh-in of the last fish. All decisions will be made by the tournament director and committee, and are final. If the protest is upheld, the cash deposit will be returned to the person submitting the protest. The protester agrees that by filing a protest, he may be subject to a polygraph test.
15. Permission to be filmed/photographed for Television/Websites: All participants agree to be filmed, photographed, taped, interviewed, quoted, or otherwise revealed, without compensation, by the TOURNAMENT directors or who its assigns. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the TOURNAMENT organizers. Each contestant, by his/her signature affixed below, hereby gives the TOURNAMENT directors and its assigns, the right to use (without compensation) the contestant’s name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of individual participation in an event.
16. Weigh-in: Bluff’s Landing Marina & Pavilion, 4242 Laguna Shores Rd. Corpus Christi, Texas. Scales will be open for weigh-in from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. All contestants must be in line by 4:00 pm.